The IQOS ILUMA device with TEREA tobacco sticks (“TEREA”) takes heated tobacco to the next level of tobacco experience. Its new SMARTCORE INDUCTION SYSTEM™ heats the tobacco from within the TEREA tobacco stick, instead of burning it, for an altogether better and cleaner experience. It continues to emit, on average, 95% lower levels of harmful chemicals than cigarettes*. Important information: It does not necessarily equal a 95% reduction in risk. IQOS is not risk-free.
* Reductions in levels of a range of harmful chemicals (excluding nicotine) compared to the smoke of a reference cigarette.
The range of new IQOS ILUMA devices are available in 3 models. IQOS ILUMA PRIME; our premium device with innovative design and materials. IQOS ILUMA; similar to IQOS 3 DUO by design but with different technology. And IQOS ILUMA ONE; Our all-in-one device. Similar to IQOS 3 MULTI by design but with different technology.
The SMARTCORE INDUCTION SYSTEM™ in IQOS ILUMA devices and TEREA tobacco sticks completely reinvents the way tobacco is heated. The heart of the new bladeless SMARTCORE INDUCTION SYSTEM™ is a metal heating element placed inside the TEREA tobacco stick and coated with stainless steel for seamless heating of tobacco.
This means your tobacco is heated from the core and provides real tobacco taste and experience without any cleaning required after use.
The new SMARTCORE INDUCTION SYSTEM™ in the new IQOS ILUMA device and TEREA tobacco sticks completely reinvents the way tobacco is heated.
The heart of the new bladeless SMARTCORE INDUCTION SYSTEM™ is a metal heating element placed inside the TEREA tobacco stick and coated with stainless steel for seamless heating of the tobacco.
This means your tobacco is heated from the core instead of being burned for an altogether better, and cleaner experience.
Switching on and charging your device.
Charge your IQOS ILUMA fully by using the AC Power Adapter and Charging Cable that comes with it. Then, to switch your device on, press the button on the side of the Pocket Charger for 4 seconds. To check the battery status of the Pocket charger, take out the holder and press the side button of the Pocket Charger.
- Insert the TEREA stick up to the line on the filter until the holder vibrates and light(s) pulse(s). Heating starts by pressing the button for 1 second
- You can start using your device once the holder vibrates and the lights stay fixed
- To signal the last 30 seconds of use or that the last 2 puffs are left, the holder will vibrate with the light(s) pulsing white
- Dispose of the stick immediately after you’ve used it and it’s cooled down, simply by removing the stick from the holder.
- Insert the holder in the charger for recharging (not required for Iluma One)
IQOS ILUMA™ is designed to be used only with TEREA SMARTCORE STICKS™. Do not use IQOS ILUMA™ and TEREA SMARTCORE STICKS™ with previous IQOS generations, as this may cause damage to your device.
There are couple of ways you can check how many uses you have left. Either on the holder itself or by checking the pocket charger with the holder inside. Here’s how:
Checking on the holder: Tilt the holder towards you or short press the button. The lights will come on and indicate the battery level. When 2 lights are on it means the holder is ready for 2 uses and 1 light on means it’s ready for 1 use only.
Checking on the pocket charger: Short press the side button on the pocket charger with the holder inside the charger. The pocket charger light will turn on. 2 lights mean the holder is ready for 2 uses and 1 light on means ready for 1 use. You’re all set to your tobacco experience.
To reset your device, place the holder in the pocket charger and press the button for 10 seconds, then release. All of the lights will turn OFF, blink twice, and turn on again to confirm a RESET.
It’s quick and easy to charge your device but remember, it’s safer to use the power adapter and charging cable designed for IQOS ILUMA. It takes around 135 minutes to fully charge the pocket charger and up to 10 minutes to fully charge the holder for the first time after unpacking for IQOS ILUMA and IQOS ILUMA PRIME. It takes around 90 minutes to fully charge an IQOS ILUMA ONE.
Checking the battery level of the pocket charger is easy. Simply short press the side button on the pocket charger. The pocket charger lights will turn on to indicate the battery level:
YELLOW blinking lights displaying on the holder:
This means the battery is depleted and the holder needs to be recharged.
RED blinking light on the holder:
You need to put the holder in the pocket charger and reset the device.
WHITE lights blink twice on the holder
This indicates your IQOS ILUMA is outside its operating temperature range of between >0°C/<40°C.
Yes, but only with the charging cable and power adaptor designed for IQOS 3 generations.
There are 5 stylish colours available for the new IQOS ILUMA, allowing you to personalise your own way.
In order to provide our IQOS ILUMA users with an elevated tobacco experience, a slightly bigger and more robust device needed to be designed to accommodate the new SMARTCORE INDUCTION SYSTEM™ technology.
It won’t start because the IQOS ILUMA is designed to be used only with the brand new, fully sealed TEREA tobacco sticks. Its new SMARTCORE INDUCTION SYSTEM™ heats the tobacco from within the TEREA stick, instead of burning it, for an altogether better and cleaner experience. And do remember that TEREA tobacco sticks won't work with previous IQOS generations and may cause damage to your device.
IQOS ILUMATM™ is designed to be used only with SMARTCORE STICKSTM™. Do not use IQOS ILUMA™ and TEREA SMARTCORE STICKS™ with previous IQOS generations, as this may cause damage to your device.
If you accidentally insert a used TEREA tobacco stick and notice not too long into the experience, very little energy will have been consumed and you may not lose the experience. Regardless, the recharging time will be less than 2 full consecutive uses.
If your IQOS ILUMA doesn't start on its own then please:
If the holder starts on its own without a TEREA stick inserted then please follow these steps:
Remember, you can start your tobacco experience manually by inserting your TEREA stick into the holder and pressing the button for two seconds to activate your experience.
Your experience will last up to 6 minutes or 14 puffs, whichever comes first.
Your IQOS ILUMA works best between 0 - 40℃, and TEREA tobacco sticks taste best when you keep them at room temperature. Here are a few storage tips:
The one-year warranty covers manufacturing defects for IQOS ILUMA electronic devices. And electronic accessories for Power Adapter, Charging Cable and IQOS Charging Docks. Please refer to important information for exclusions.
The following are excluded from the terms of your IQOS ILUMA warranty:
- Uninterrupted and error-free functionality of the product.
- Malfunction and/or damage caused by normal wear and tear or otherwise due to aging of this product.
- Cosmetic damages (such as scratches, dents, broken plastic, etc.) that don’t impact the functionality of the product.
- Damage caused by misuse, power surge, improper handling, liquid contact or fire.
- Malfunction due to use with non-compatible products, manufactured either by Philip Morris International or third-party manufacturers.
- Damage or malfunction caused by attempting to open, modify (including modifications to the firmware) and repair, either by a user or by a service provider not accredited by the manufacturer.
- Damage or malfunction caused by failure to use as described in the associated IQOS™ User Guide or in contravention of the firmware license agreement.
- Product battery performance degradation. Batteries are consumable parts and their performance degradation and use over time is not a manufacturing or a workmanship defect and is excluded from this warranty.
- Product containing fully or partially non-genuine parts.
- Product for which serial numbers have been removed or altered.
- Any malfunctions caused by the firmware of the product, including where your product is not using the latest version of the firmware unless these malfunctions have occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship. Note that in accordance with the terms of the firmware license agreement (which is available on the website above for your relevant market), the firmware is provided “as-is,” without any warranty.
- Faults due to improper operation of “autostart” and/or “double-tap” features that do not impact the functionality of the product.